July / 2017
Leibold crews completed two major projects in Florida.
- TPC Prestancia in Sarasota, Florida, saw it's Club Course renovation project draw to a close. Crews from Leibold's irrigation and construction divisions joined to complete the project in roughly 7 months time. The course remained open for play through the end of February as the irrigation crew installed the mainline piping. With the course closed and mainline installation complete, the construction crew joined the project to begin the full course makeover. As the irrigation crew finished installing the new sprinklers and lateral lines on a hole, the construction crew would begin stripping and regrassing the green, as well as reshaping, leveling, and regrassing the tee complex. The hole was then completed with a no-till regrassing of the fairway. Ragan Technical Solutions provided the irrigation system design, comprised of Toro sprinklers and HDPE pipe.
- Wyndemere Country Club in Naples, Florida, saw the third and final phase of it's renovation project conclude with the completion of the Green Course. Over the past 3 years, each of Wyndemere's 3 courses has been renovated with a new Toro irrigation system. Leibold Irrigation partnered with the golf course to provide a system design tailored to each of the 3 courses specific needs. The Toro system comprised of Toro Infinity sprinklers and HDPE pipe, is controlled via Toro's 2-wire decoder system.
June / 2017
Leibold Irrigation's construction team completed a course renovation project at Yeamans Hall Club in Hanahan, SC. During the renovation, all the putting surfaces were upgraded from the original push-up style to USGA spec greens. To complete the green complex project, all greenside bunkers were also restored.
April / 2017
Leibold Irrigation completed the installation of a new 18 hole irrigation system at Eagles Landing Golf Course in Ocean City, Maryland. The system is comprised of over 1,400 Toro sprinklers installed on HDPE pipe, and controlled via Toro's 2-wire decoder system. Michael Kuhn & Associates supplied the design.
October / 2016
Leibold crews completed 3 major irrigation projects in the month of October:
- Installation of a new 18 hole irrigation system at Lakewood National in Bradenton, Florida was completed. The newly constructed golf course utilizes a Toro 2-wire decoder system to control over 1,800 Toro sprinklers. The A.S. Altum and Associates designed system took just over 7 months to complete.
- Quail West Country Club in Naples, Florida, saw it's Preserve Course renovation project draw to a close. The project included the installation of over 2,500 Toro sprinklers using HDPE pipe. The A.S. Altum and Associates design took just over 6 months to complete.
- Installation of a new 18 hole irrigation system was completed at the Royal Golf Club in Lake Elmo, Minnesota. Formerly known as Tartan Park, the newly renovated course designed by the late Arnold Palmer and Annika Sorenstam will retrieve 90% of it's irrigation water from storage ponds filled by storm runoff from Lake Elmo. The E.C. Designs Toro system comprised of just under 800 sprinklers is operated via Toro VP satellites and Lynx software.
September / 2016
Crews from both Leibold's irrigation and construction divisions finished projects in the month of September:
- The Vaquero Club in Westlake, Texas underwent a renovation to their practice facilities. Crews from our construction and irrigation divisions teamed up to renovate the nearly 15 acre facility. Michael Kuhn & Associates supplied the irrigation design using Toro sprinklers.
- Irrigation improvements at Meadowbrook Country Club in Northville, Michigan were completed. The Michael Kuhn & Associates design was part of a partial course renovation project comprised of the replacement or installation of over 1,300 Toro sprinklers. The system installation was part of a 10 month project, which was interrupted during the winter months.
August / 2016
The month of August brought about the completion of 2 irrigation projects:
- Installation of new a 18 hole irrigation system at St. Andrews Country Club in Boca Raton, Florida was completed. The Ragan Technical Solutions designed system was part of a total course renovation project, with the irrigation installation taking roughly 4 months to complete. The Rainbird system is comprised of over 1,400 sprinklers and operates via Rainbird's IC 2-wire control system.
- Course renovations at Shoal Creek Golf Club in Shoal Creek, Alabama, were completed in August. Leibold Irrigation was called upon to reinstall sections of the irrigation system affected by the partial course renovation, which included the majority of the greens, numerous bunkers, and an expansion to the practice facility. Leibold Irrigation installed the current system in 2010, and we'd like to thank the members and staff at Shoal Creek for their continued trust in our services.
July / 2016
Crews from Leibold Irrigation completed 2 major projects in the month of July:
- The installation of a new 18 hole irrigation system was completed at Yeamans Hall Club in Hanahan, South Carolina. The Aqua Agronomics Solutions, Inc designed system totaled just under 1,200 Toro sprinklers installed on HDPE pipe. The project took 6 months to complete.
- Installation of a new 18 hole irrigation system was finished at the Mililani Golf Club in Mililani, Hawaii. Designed by Bryant Taylor Gordon Golf, the system totaled over 1,700 Toro sprinklers installed on PVC pipe, and operated via Toro VP satellites and Lynx software. The project took 6 months to complete.
June / 2016
Crews from Leibold Irrigation completed 2 major projects in the month of June:
- The second phase of a 36 hole bunker renovation at the Mediterra Golf Club in Naples, Florida, was completed by the Leibold Irrigation Construction Division. The project included the reshaping of nearly 140 bunkers total between the North and South Courses, and the installation of a Billy Bunker Method drainage system. The crew also installed an irrigation mist zone around each bunker to supplement the irrigation system installed in 2014-2015, by Leibold Irrigation.
- Work on a new 18 hole irrigation system was completed at Pelican Marsh Golf Club in Naples, Florida. Leibold Irrigation partnered with Wesco Turf to design the new system comprised of over 1,400 Toro sprinklers installed on HDPE pipe. The project took just under 6 months to complete.
May / 2016
Teams from Leibold Irrigation finish 3 major projects in the month of May:
- Work on the new, 36 hole irrigation system at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, was completed. The project took roughly ten months to complete after a two month hiatus due to the winter weather. The Michael Kuhn & Associates designed system totaled over 2,600 Toro sprinklers, installed using HDPE pipe and controlled via Toro's 2 wire decoder system.
- Work on the new, 18 hole irrigation system at South Bend Country Club in South Bend, Indiana, was completed. The A.S. Altum & Associates design totaled 1,000 Toro sprinklers installed on HDPE pipe. The project took six months to complete after a one month hiatus due to the winter weather.
- Installation of a new, 18 hole irrigation system at Pine Hills Country Club in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, was completed. The T.J. Emmerich and Associates design totaled over 900 Toro sprinklers installed on a combination of both HDPE and PVC pipe.
February / 2016
Leibold Irrigation partnered with Dale & Ramsey Golf Course Architecture to complete the construction of a new golf hole and short game area at Mililani Golf Club in Mililani, Hawaii. The project required the clearing and regrading of nearly 134,000 square feet of property to construct the new golf hole. The project took just over one month to complete. Visit the construction project gallery for pictures of the work.